Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oopsie.

So I was not very good at the whole blogging thing this summer. I hope I am better at keeping everyone updated while I am away. I leave in a little over two weeks, I still have a big to do list, but I am mentally ready. Oh so ready.

This summer has been pretty good to me. I spent a lot of time at the beach and relaxing with friends. I played soccer a few times until my toenail literally came off. I got really into the World Cup for a couple weeks until every team I cheered for was eliminated. I planned on saving some serious money, but then my hours got cut and I worked like twice a week. I DID get more scholarship money and a pretty decent tan, which both hold importance in my life. I started to read EAT, PRAY, LOVE but got bored with it after the Italy chapters. I got to spend some time with my beautiful nieces, (and nephew). They are the coolest. I love them, a lot. I was able to see Rand and Carolyn, which was a major highlight. I went to Monterey with Kevin and his parents. It was a nice break from 100 degree weather. We also ate a TON of great food. I have mostly been anxiously waiting to leave, and as it creeps closer I am surprisingly calm. I now await in the the Greenburg Castle to go on this four month extravaganza.
This Man told me that I should stay away from stupid people. He also said I would be rich. What a Wise Machine.


This is what my backyard will look like someday, after I am rich and have stayed away from stupid people. This is actually Clint Eastwood's hotel/inn. It is in Carmel, which is one of my favorite places. It is seriously beautiful. We ate dinner at his restaurant, I had prawns with fettuccine, and vanilla bean ice cream. Afterwords we stayed and listened to a live pianist who apparently collaborates with Clint on some of his movie soundtracks. He was German and he had a lovely voice.

This is the best Clam Chowder. It makes my heart all warm inside.


More great things to come!

1 comment: