Wednesday, September 8, 2010

New Apartment.









So another USAC girl asked me if I wanted to switch apartments with her. She lived with Kim and Gaby, who are my friends, and I lived with one of her friends. She wanted to switch because she HATED her apartment. She was kind of a princess. I said yes, because it will save me 30 euro a month. I don’t care where I live, as long as it is in Italy. So yesterday I packed all of my stuff back up, (which took all of 5 minutes) and moved to my new apartment. If you ever want a lot of attention around Viterbo, haul a 50 pound suitcase through the cobblestone streets. The apartment is smaller, but nicer inside. I am more comfortable with my new roommates and we will probably cook together and share secrets and what not. OH, and I have way less creepy bathroom, which makes me happy. Now I don’t walk around on my tip toes and feel like I am in a teeny teeny port-o-potty that is about to swallow me.

I also started some of my classes this week. My Italian composition class is taught in Italian, so I get bonus points for focusing for two hours on every single thing the profesoressa says. She is really nice though, and doesn’t punish me when I don’t know what a pronomi indiretti is. I also had painting and drawing. You learn something new everyday; yesterday I learned that I am not good at drawing. I thought it was going to be a bunch of people learning to draw. Everyone was like Picasso in there. My work resembled something you might see in a 1st grade classroom. Actually I am positive that Alaina could do better than me.

This coming semester has a lot of promising events. I signed up to volunteer in a kindergarten class each week. Apparently the kid’s families invite you to dinner eventually, and you get to see Italian culture from a the inside. I also signed up for a language partner, so hopefully that will help me speak more. I haven’t been good with speaking it this week. I keep speaking English, which is stupid. I should speak Italian. It is prettier.
Tomorrow a bunch of us are going to play CALCIO (soccer) I am excited to show off my skills. Or lack of them. Oh Italy, you are so humbling.

Much Love.

2 comments:

  1. Haha, you make me laugh!
    This bathroom is much nicer. I dont want to hide in a closet when I see it. Do you have a bide? Is that how you spell bide? You know, the toilet thing that cleans your bum. They had those in Europe when I went. Interesting.
    Anyway, Im glad you got to be with friends, thats so much better! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indirect pronoun haha. Your new apartment looks much more comfortable... even if it is a lot smaller. I am glad that your new accommodations are more satisfactory Sounds like you are having a good time. Come si dice bidet in italiano? (I learned that Yesterday). Have fun playing Calcio.

    ReplyDelete