Wednesday, September 8, 2010

SANTA ROSA

There is a very important festival going on right now in Viterbo. La macchina di Santa Rosa. All week there have been parades every night. Last night was the main event. 100 men carry a statue/monument that is about 35,000 pounds. It is taller than all of the building in Viterbo, and they carry it around the narrow streets. A bunch of us waited in la piazza de Leone, which is my favorite piazza because it is right by my house, and we waited for about 5 hours. It was well worth the wait though. When they actually came by all the lights go out. It was so exciting.

After they passed all of us went to my house where you can see the Santa Rosa church from my rooftop. It was beautiful. The last stretch to the church is a hill so they ran up the hill with this giant monument; it was by far one of the coolest things I have ever seen. It was a good welcome to Italy.




The video is not working. I am sorry. Look at the pics on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment